Week 53: There is Peace in Christ

 Kumusta, 

     So the last two weeks we have been in quarantine and the work seemed slow.  We have been trying to find people working with members and gratefully they have given us referrals each week.  That is so cool to us because it helps the work move forward.  My companion and I have been trying to pray most of the time everyday.  We have been making the names of those who needs extra prayers in a small container.  If you need extra prayers, we as God's servants are so happy to pray for you by name.  We are happy to pray for all of my brothers and sisters around the world.  

     I just really wanted to share what I learned from my reading last Sunday in Helaman Chapter 1 which in an account of the Nephites when they started to become wicked and war with the Lamanites.  We see here how the Lamanites converted from their wickedness and that the Nephites started to become wicked.  The lesson I wanted to point out is that in our life we are like the Nephites with all of our possessions that we have and all our friends.  Sometimes we forget and focus our lives on worldly things.  As we know that these things lead us to become evil and even weaken our faith.  But I really like and admire the Lamanites because they repent from their sins.  They faced many afflictions according to the words of the prophet because they deny them.  This makes them suffer and even wade through sorrow because of persecution.  So in this life we each make choices and we will all face the consequences of it.  It's like a life cycle that we become righteous and then pride and wickedness enter in then we are faced with destruction and suffering until we repent from our sins.  

     As we all know that in the end, the Lamanites are truly converted from all their inequities and that they live in joy and consolation receiving their sanctification of their heart from God.  We can relate it to us personally.  If we repent, we feel peace and joy.  If we did a mistake, we feel worried and still want to share it with someone who we truly trust.  

     I am so grateful that I got to know and understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I wanted to tell you that only Jesus Christ hears us and sees what we are struggling with.  If we start to show our love by keeping the commandments, we will be blessed and gain strength to stand steadfast at this time.  I am happy to share with you all how it changes me being part of His discipleship in helping the gathering of the scattered Israel.  There's no other way to get clean and heal from all sickness and evil in this life.  Only by the atonement of Jesus Christ we can all be healed and clean physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  I know that if we are truly converted from our heart and stand steadfastly in holding the iron rod, we will continue to partake of all the fruit just like the family of Lehi.  Even though there must be disaster and sickness in this life, there's peace only in Jesus Christ.  I know he lives and he wants us to be ready for He is soon to come.  I love you everyone and keep doing the good works.  Repent from all your sins and focus your life on living the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ by keeping all thy covenants and His commandments.  

Elder Bateiti

P.S.  I almost forgot that this week we will have a virtual conference call with the Area Presidency here in the Philippines.  I am so looking forward to seeing them and I was assigned to offer the opening prayer.  YAY!!  I love you everyone and I am looking forward to reading all your letters this coming Monday and especially want to share about the zoom conference next week.

A look from outside our apartment.  We are up on the 3rd floor and the meeting house is behind me.
  It seems like we can see everyone that comes to the church.  We are just like being a security every day living nearby this church meeting house.  It's cute and a good view from above.
This our awesome view where we could see the sun go down until dark.  We can see beautiful stars in the night when we have open air after working a long day.

Elder Villar and myself trying to light our part on top of our apartment.  It's really beautiful upstairs and we often go up in the morning for sunrise during exercise and sunshine for open air and welcoming the stars.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 96: Visit to the Island of Cadantuanes & Loving the Ocean Breeze

Week 117: Mission Life in Croatia

Week 54: Fed By the Spirit