Week 7: Not an Island Boy Anymore

Kumasta,
   
     I am just seeing that Iotua Tune from Kiribati was called as a new Area Seventy in General Conference.  What is the area seventy mean?  (I explained it to him and he is excited for President Tune).  I am so happy for the parcel that was offered me.  I mean my parcel with white shirts and ties with 3 pants.  It really fits me and I am so happy that I can wear them for my proselyting.  On Friday, we have a door knocking and it raining and I got wet.  I forgot about my rain jacket.  Right now I bring it wherever I go.  Thank you again for the shaver. I like it too.

     The work here is very hard that my companion who is from the Philippines.  My kasarma (companions) name is Elder Vargas.  He's a hard working Elder and I am grateful for him that he can train me.  I was assign to work in the city Menas.  There are many people who don't want hear the message which is the restored gospel from the Book of Mormon.  This makes me tell myself to work hard for this area.  At least we have a few people who wanted to hear from us.

     The first time I arrived here I was so amazed that I am just get to work in the city and you know that I am an island boy.  AHAHAHAH!  Anyways Legazpi is the mission from all the Philippines missions who has the second lowest baptisms last month.  That's what President Abraham told us.  My area has 4 sides which my apartment is located in the center.  To get to my area, it take time on Thursday - Sunday this week.  We always have a long walk with the map of our area that my trainer is new in the area as well.

     I am trying to work hard and pray hard and also catching up with my studies on the language.  It seems that I am still learning the language but it is not so hard.  I know it gonna take time so I am doing my part.  Well I think that is all from me that I wanted to share and if I forget anything else I hope I don't forget any news from my last few days.  I love you all my families and friends.  You are all in my prayers.

Mahal ko kayo
Elder Bateiti

Intake Group with President and Sister Abraham

Elder Bateiti with his companions Elder Holland and Elder Watson - MTC classrom 

My last farewell pictures with my district.  It is a hard time that my friends were crying while saying goodbyes and that how it makes me crying so bad.

I am having MTC sickness.  It's like leaving the MTC is leaving my second home.  Same with the other missionaries.

My last visit at the Manila Philippines Temple.  That is after our session in the temple with my two companions and our teachers.  She is the Filipino short one with the white in the center.

Our flight was cancelled so we are loading the bus for a 13+ hour drive to Legazpi.

My batch with President and Sister Abraham

President and Sister Abraham

We are so happy that our mission president can take us to a smaller mountain above Legazpi mission.  We have seen our area from the mountain.  This is how it looks from above.

Elder Bateiti above the Legazpi Mission

Although this is fuzzy - this is how it looks like in my area.  I work with those missionaries. They are my kasarmas.  The one whos preparing for his mission next month.   He help us with our area and he shows where are the members houses.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 96: Visit to the Island of Cadantuanes & Loving the Ocean Breeze

Week 117: Mission Life in Croatia

Week 54: Fed By the Spirit