Week 6: Traveling to Legazpi

     Elder Bateiti traveled to the mission field this week on p-day.  This is the message that he sent on September 30th.

    "I will travel on Cebu Pacific airlines flight 5J321 terminal 3 on October 2nd.  I will be in the breezeway at 12:55 am.  Depart the MTC at 1:25 am and at 5:25 AM I am going to depart from the airport.  6:40 AM arrival at Legazpi."

     At 3:25 PM, I tried to track the flight on flight aware and this is the message that I saw.  0(
Flight from Manila MTC to Legazpi - CANCELLED WHAT?

     Then there was no news from anyone including mission travel about the whereabouts of the missionaries traveling to Legazpi.  Upon investigating on Facebook, one mom heard that they were traveling to Legazpi via a 13 hour bus ride.  On October 4th in Legazpi, I received this update from Elder Bateiti.

     "I am so sorry that I haven't sent you a message.  We take bus more than 13 hours.  We just arrived yesterday and I am so tired.  We slept in the hotel and right now we had a workshop.  I have a new companion.  He's from the Philippines and his name is Elder Vargas.  We gonna take only 3-4 minutes to our apartment.  Thank you for the package.  I GOT IT.  I'm gonna have a p-day at Monday.  I am so happy see you on Monday."

     Elder Watson's mom shared these photos of the group of missionaries that arrived in Legazpi.  I am sure he will have a crazy story to tell on p-day.  Stay tuned . . .

Intake arrives in Legazpi on October 3, 2019 after 13 hour bus ride

Instructions from President and Sister Abraham

New Missionaries Arrive in Legazpi pictured with President and Sister Abraham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 96: Visit to the Island of Cadantuanes & Loving the Ocean Breeze

Week 117: Mission Life in Croatia

Week 54: Fed By the Spirit