Week 9: Finding Sunshine Through Clouds of Gray

Kumusta,
     The news for me this week is all about how we work to find members of the church.  We are so lucky that yesterday we had someone fellowship us in finding the members.  YAY!!  As we started on with our way, he knows all the short cuts to get to the other houses.  That is how he find one narrow way that we have to get through so that we can make our way to the other side of the transition.  So we started on one by one through the passage.  It was a funny experience that this Filipinos are so tiny that they could make their way out from this narrow part.  When you cross this way, you have to face the wall so that you can get through it.  Few people get to cross this way because it is difficult to get to it but the good thing is we make our way out and we could see the members house that we had been looking for.  That is how we get there and as we get there, they welcome us with a good smile.  That is how I feel happy for that whole night.  We try to turn out the light as we leave their house from sharing some good promises from the Book of Mormon.

     My testimony here is short but it so meaningful.  I get this testimony as we get through the narrow way haha.  Here you go . . . Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter ye in at the strait gate:  for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  vs 14:  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."  There are few people that enter the narrow gate for it is lead to life and eternal life.  For the wide gate leads to evil and death in the world.

     Also in the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 8:15-20, "And it came to pass that I beckoned unto them; and I also did say unto them with a loud voice that they should come unto me, and partake of the fruit, which was desirable above all other fruit.  And it came to pass that they did come unto me and partake of the fruit also.  And it came to pass that I was desirous that Laman and Lemuel should come and partake of the fruit also; wherefore, I cast mine eyes towards the head of the river, that perhaps I might see them.  And it came to pass that I saw them, but they would not come unto me and partake of the fruit.  And I beheld a rod of iron, and it extended along the bank of the river, and led to the tree by which I stood.  And I also beheld a strait and narrow path, which came along by the rod of iron, even to the tree by which I stood; and it also led by the head of the fountain, unto a large and spacious field, as if it had been a world."

     I just got this testimony yesterday when I was feeling sad but it really makes my day and I am happy after that for the whole night.

Elder Bateiti

Elder Bateiti - Pausing to take a picture for refuel 

One of the rice fields by the nearby road where we walk

Elder Vargas - my trainer

This is what it looks like inside our room.  I sleep on top.  The desk that I sit on is our study desk with our two cute fans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 96: Visit to the Island of Cadantuanes & Loving the Ocean Breeze

Week 117: Mission Life in Croatia

Week 54: Fed By the Spirit