Week 29: Service and Searching

Kumusta,

     Here we go . . . this week was so cool and I could tell that it tamaroa and awesome or in my 2 dialog so brang maganda or magayaon!!!  The cool thing is that we were given a referral from one of the members we were teaching a couple months ago.  The Fernandez family - last Friday we were able to talk with her and she is super nice.  She has been a Roman Catholic member and now if a born again religion.  Here's the coolest thing - after our lesson with her, she allowed us to introduce ourselves to her grand children and her older daughter that was just coming back from work.  As we close with our word of prayer, we ask her if she has anything we could say to our Heavenly Father for her in our prayer.  As she talked to us, she started crying but we take it slowly and we could feel the spirit so strong.  We are so looking forward to our next visit.

     The last cool thing this week was we were able to find someone new in Biitayan again.  We went to visit some of the people last Sunday but they were not at home.  But, we were able to find two potential ladies nearby the house where we needed to visit.  I am sorry if I don't write their names because I think I have to manage with the names for some privacy (I could say the family name but not the full names).  The craziest thing here is that as we climb up to where the sister was.  I could see that she was pregnant and I could see her filling two big buckets with water.  I asked her if I could help but she refused me.  But, I say I wanted to help her.  It is really hard to climb up with this bucket and you have to take care of your younger son while climbing because otherwise he will flip off.  I was so happy when I help her.  I was feel sad seeing her carrying these two heavy buckets and she is five month period in her pregnancy. 
 
     Sometimes we come up with this kind of situation and yeah if people refuse I just find good words to help them.  Sometimes they are shy but all you have to do is just help.  I am saying this not because I am worthy or whatever else but as God's instruments we striving to live Christlike.  In 3 Nephi 12:48, "Therefore, I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect".  Also in 1 Nephi 3:7, "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father:  I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which her commandeth them".

     The craziest thing I have ever experienced is that last night we were just coming back from work and we are accidentally invited by a man and women in front of the Iglesia ni Cristo religion.  I can see that he is a pastor.  I was so shocked and I felt I should not go there because I prefer my safety.  But here is the thing, my companion says that it will be alright if he invites us.  But I felt like it was wrong so I just said politely to them that we had a dinner to go to in 5 minutes and maybe we will try later if we had time.  This is what I said but I said it in the Tagalog language.  So we return back and I was thinking about that and have sent a letter to my mission president about this situation because I need more advice on this kind of situation when it comes again. 

     I think that is all from me and I am really love to share my favorite text I found in my personal study.  If you would love to read it, it really helps me in my mission.  Alma 32: 41-43, Alma is talking about faith, "But if yer will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life. 42:And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst. 43:  Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting or the tree to bring forth fruit unto you".

     I love you all and continue to keep that faith you have in patience and keeping all your covenants.  Strive to live Christlike attributes so that you will be in the zone of miracles in your life.

Elder Bateiti

Hauling Water in Buckets - This is her house.  It so nice and simple.  They just started to live here nearby the running water we use to cross when we are coming back and enter this area.

Elder Cabatingan - walking near the running water

Zone Conference - Tabacco Zone with President and Sister Abraham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 96: Visit to the Island of Cadantuanes & Loving the Ocean Breeze

Week 117: Mission Life in Croatia

Week 54: Fed By the Spirit