Week 69: Update From Polangui

 Hello everyone!  

     I'm just wanting to share some awesome experiences from here in Polangui.  Well!  The work here is on fire and the youth are so awesome.  They are willing to work and engage in missionary work.  The good news is we have two friends who are attended church last Sunday.  Besides, Randy Family or tatay Randy is progressing.  His two daughters seemed weird because they always run away when we visit them.  

      We have set a goal to visit all the Priesthood here and we are so happy that we were able to meet some of them.  Although we weren't able to visit some of the others but we will try to set appointments with them this week.  The in person church here just started last Sunday and I was so happy to see about 55 people in attendance and to share my testimony with four of the missionaries in our district.  There are no sisters here because they have been pulled out because of COVID-19.  I am grateful for the mercy of God and His love for all His children.  Although they have been in lockdown, I could tell their faith is still with them.  I heard some of their testimonies which strengthened me.  I was inspired to listen to each one of them and I am looking forward to this Sunday.  The challenge here is the 60 person attendance limit.  I heard before the lockdown they would have 150+ in attendance.  This just tells me to work hard, have extra strength, and extra prayers for the people.  

     I just wanted to share my favorite text in the Book of Mormon.  In Mosiah, 24:15, "And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord".  I like this verse because it really gives me strength especially the good example of Alma.  It tells me to be patient in this gathering of Israel.  

     I think this is what I have for this week.  I have some pictures this week and hopefully it will make your day.  Mahal ko po kayo and Maraming salamat po mag iingat po kayo parati.

Elder Bateiti



Finding priesthood brothers nearby the rice fields.  Working with Brother Rafael.  He converted just 5 months ago and is so willing to engage in missionary work which really reminds me of what I did before my mission.

Training new missionaries who are assigned here temporarily because of lockdown.  While we were hiking, it was raining so bad.  I left my umbrella and I was able to get shelter from Elder Brohan.

Pancit breakfast with the youth

Pancit means Philippines noodles and it's so delicious.  They put a boiled egg in it.


Delicious!

Then we put calamansi.  It looks healthy.  They put some vegetables inside and little garlic and carrots.

We also had two investigators who attended church yesterday and we were so happy for them.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 96: Visit to the Island of Cadantuanes & Loving the Ocean Breeze

Week 117: Mission Life in Croatia

Week 54: Fed By the Spirit