Week 90: Patience In Trials

      This week we have been calling the members and asking them for a favor.  We want them to send their short video clip in which they will answer the following two questions about the Book of Mormon.  1)  What is the Book of  Mormon? 2)  What would your life be like without the Book of Mormon?  We were so happy that they were willing to help and they said that they will send it to us this week as soon as possible.

     We also called other members to set up an appointment but they told us not to visit them because they have positive cases of COVID-19 in their area.  We have some other barangay in Anislag who have been in quarantine.  But, we are so grateful for the technology that we have because we are able to call them and share singing and reading with them.  We will have a baptism this Saturday of a member's son who has been listening to us when we were allowed to have teaching appointments before lockdown.  This week we have been looking forward to seeing if lockdown will be over but it seems the cases are increasing.  That's what we heard from the members and friends that we have been calling each day.  

     I just wanted to share some things that I learned from this week which is being patient.  There's a story that I heard from Elder Holland and his talk keeps ringing in my ear as I am even still thinking about it and pondering it.  This story if about Joseph Smith and his crying in the cold uncaring confinement of the Liberty Jail.  "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me"?  When I looked at the picture of Joseph Smith in this photograph, it really impressed me of how he's been lonely and saddened for what he's experienced during his time in the jail.  Joseph Smith taught that the principle of righteousness really included such virtues as patience, long suffering, gentleness, and love unfeigned.  Absent of those principles it was certain that we would eventually face discord and enmity (Wickedness never was happiness).  If we look back at this time period, where you go you have to be patient in everything.  I remember the first time I traveled from Kiribati to Fiji then Fiji to New Zealand.  I spent almost 1 day in my hours of flying.  I arrived in New Zealand and it was so cold.  There I didn't have any blanket with me.  I thought that I was not going to make it but it helped when I traveled to Singapore and then to the Philippines.  As I arrived at the Manila airport, I got in the van.  There was so much traffic so I was sleeping all the way until I got to the hotel.  The next day I traveled to the MTC.  When I traveled to the Legazpi Mission, it was a 13 hour bus ride.  Until this time it has been lockdown.  Everything has a purpose and for God's wisdom.  He really knows what would be best for us here on Earth.  I always remember the old talks when something bad happens remember that the best is yet to come.  It seems that I don't trust the old talks I have read because everything is going to be hard and is getting harder and harder even we are experiencing more sickness.  I know that we are all subject to death, sadness, accident, etc. but through Jesus Christ all things will be possible.  I know these things are true and always take care.  Po sa inyo and stay safe po.

Elder Bateiti

Standing Waiting For Zagu.  I love Zagu gugugu gaegae!!!!

Last day of Being Companions with Elder Andrada.  Tomorrow or Thursday Would Be Their Departure Day.

Eating At Chow King Restaurant - Zagu is My Favorite Drink


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 96: Visit to the Island of Cadantuanes & Loving the Ocean Breeze

Week 117: Mission Life in Croatia

Week 54: Fed By the Spirit